October 23, 2018, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
On Oct. 4, 2018 the Canadian Apparel Federation held a free webinar, presented by Executive Director Bob Kirke, on the current status of North American Free Trade.
Due to an overwhelming number of registrations, we will be hosting a similar webinar on October 23, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. We have restructured and expanded the session to cover this topic in more detail and answer any questions the first session did not cover.
Canada, the US, and Mexico have agreed in principle to a new United States, Mexico, Canada Agreement (USMCA). The agreement, once ratified, will replace the North American Free Trade Agreement. It is anticipated that the final text of the USMCA will be signed on or before November 30th by the leaders of the three countries. Mexico is scheduled to ratify the agreement by December 1, 2018. The US and Canada will subsequently move to ratify the agreement - likely during the first half of 2019.
Join the Canadian Apparel Federation for this important webinar which will provide an overview of the agreement for textiles and apparel. This webinar will explain the textile and apparel provisions of the deal and layout the next steps as we move forward with ratification. It will specifically address the following topics:
- Product specific rules of origin - NAFTA vs. USMCA
- Rules of origin - changes relating to sewing thread, narrow elastics and pocket lining fabric
- New rules re. TPL allocation
- Revised TPL levels
- Other customs charges in the USMCA vs. NAFTA
- Canadian treatment of low-value shipments (de minimis)
- Process for ratification of the agreementPlease note: This webinar will be open to members of the Canadian Apparel Federation and the Canadian Textile Industry Association only. Not sure of your membership status in either association? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org