Presented by: Bob Kirke, Executive Director, Canadian Apparel Federation
Date/Time: Thursday, March 2, 2017, 2:00 - 3:00 PM EST
Sponsored by: Export Development Canada
Join the Canadian Apparel for an update on the key issues and developments in Canada's trade policy.
This webinar will provide an update on CETA, NAFTA re-negotiation and other important isues impacting the apparel and textile industries.
The past two years have seen a high level of activity on the trade policy front, and 2017 promises to be an important year – with existing trade arrangements under fire (NAFTA), pending agreements being disrupted (TPP) and important new agreements – i.e. the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) - set to come into force. Canada has also reiterated its intention to deepen economic ties with China, India and other Asian countries.
In addition to these issues developments relating to import duties on apparel and related tariff concessions (LDC program) are also of great significance, and will be dealt with in the webinar.
Key topics include:
- An update on Canada's trade agenda including a summary of trade agreements in place and under negotiation, including CAF position;
- Overview of Canada’s major Free Trade Agreements
- CETA – overview of agreement and rules of origin, potential timeline for implementation and other apparel and textile-specific issues.
- EFTA, and other trade agreements affecting Canada’s trade with non-EU European countries
- TPP – status of the Trans Pacific Partnership and other intiatives to expand free trade with Asia
- NAFTA – status and timing of NAFTA re-negotiations with US and Mexico
- LDC Program update
- Related policy issues, primarily in Canada, US
Who should attend:
- Senior decision-makers in apparel and textile manufacturers and importers
- Companies that are directly or indirectly affected by changing import and export patterns
If you have any questions or difficulties registering - email: email@example.com
To view recorded webinar, please register below.