October 4, 2018, 2:00 - 3:00 PM
Canada, the US, and Mexico have agreed to replace the North American Free Trade Agreement.
It is anticipated that the final text of the United States, Mexico, Canada Agreement (USMCA) will be signed by November 30th by the three leaders. Mexico is scheduled to ratify the agreement by December 1, 2018
The US and Canada will subsequently move to ratify the agreement - likely during the first half of 2019.
Join the Canadian Apparel Federation for this important webinar which will provide an overview of the agreement for textiles and apparel.
This webinar will explain the textile and apparel provisions of the deal and layout the next steps as we move forward with ratification. It will specifically address the following topics:
- Product specific rules of origin - NAFTA vs. USMCA
- Rules of origin - changes relating to sewing thread, narrow elastics and pocket lining fabric
- Changes to NAFTA TPL system for yarn, fabric and apparel exporters
- New rules re. TPL allocation
- Revised TPL levels
- Other customs charges in the USMCA vs. NAFTA
- Canadian Customs treatment of low value shipments
- Ratification of the agreement
This webinar is open to members of the Canadian Apparel Federation and the Canadian Textile Industry Association only.
Not sure of your membership status in either association? contact: firstname.lastname@example.org