Location: Ontario Investment and Trade Centre: 250 Yonge Street, 35th Floor Toronto, Ontario M5B 2L7 MAP
After many years of negotiation Canada and the European Union are ready to implement a free trade agreement, offering Canadian exporters new opportunities in the EU. This seminar will provide fashion companies with an overview of the agreement and a timeline for its implementation, combined with firsthand marketing and sales insights on how to enter the European market.
- Introduction to Canada – EU Free Trade
- Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)
- Rules of origin
- Origin quotas
- Timeline for implementation
- Tariff phase-out
- Other relevant aspects of the CETA for Canadian fashion/apparel exporters
- Key steps to Successfully Exporting Canadian Fashion Brands to Europe
- Is your product commercial? Why do some companies do well and others struggle?
- Getting your collection right for the European market
- Tips on identifying the most suitable countries to export: cultural aspects and market research
- Image: online and offline; the values of ‘Made in’
- Distributor vs Sales Rep – who do you choose for your brand? The pros and cons of the sales model
- Financial, logistic barriers and how to deal with them
- Competing with low price production
- Selling online: pros and cons
- Legal aspects: fashion rep law and what to cover in a contract
Who Should Attend
- Established fashion designers, brands considering exporting to Europe
Bob Kirke, Executive Director, Canadian Apparel Federation
Anton Dell, Founder and CEO of the Anton Dell Fashion Consultancy.
- Anton has over 50 years of experience in the fashion industry. Anton was a manufacturer and agent prior starting the Consultancy in 1994. Apart from building the global network of fashion reps, distributors and brands, Anton also delivers Fashion Export and Marketing workshops targeted at smaller fashion companies willing to expand, build their brands and sell their collections internationally. For further information, please visit their website.