This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
- Trouble shooting & fixing any issue with the mechanical needs of the machine, & make process alterations to correct whatever is needed.
- Perform all maintenance & make any adjustments to the machines to keep them operating smoothly at all times.
- Set up machines
- Train staff to advance knowledge & build a team synergy
- Work closely with designer to make sophisticated knit stitches, garments & accessories while also making all fabrics with good productivity.
- Maintain a daily log of activity.
- Work with production to build & plan production schedules
- Work closely encouraging open communication with all departments to effectively create better fabric.
- Work with yarn provided & make the necessary mechanical corrections to produce whatever is required.
- Develop planned maintenance schedules working with your team.
- Assist knit designers with M1 production & training.
- Excellent English communication skills & ability to work with others.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Good understanding of knitting techniques and required maintenance of Stoll Flat Knitting & Circular Knitting Machines.
- Understanding of Microsoft word & Excel
- Physical ability to lift heavy machinery parts
- Creative problem solver
- Understanding of M1+ software
- Knowledge of garment construction an asset
- 3 years at least of operating flat knitting machines and willing to learn more
- Willingness to learn other jobs and work with a team in a cross functional environment
Salary: Range from $18.00 to $30.00 per hour, depends on experience.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org; all considered candidates will be contacted. Thanks in advance for your interest!
Since its inception in 1997, Silver Spider Knitting has been driven by the pursuit of quality—a belief that our environment directly influences the outcome of our product. Whether in the work place, at home or the wide variety of public spaces in between, North Americans have loved us for making their winters better. We are a green room for many a fashion brands and have always been behind their scenes. Nothing builds trust as fast as performance. While most companies look for projects, we forge loyal long lasting relationships with our clients. At SSK, our ultimate purpose is to design, develop and deliver products that connect to real people. We accomplish this by going both further and deeper in the details. We fuse your philosophy with our totally vertical manufacturing model to create products that build emotional bonds between brands and beings. We use our own creativity to nurture yours