This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
This position is responsible for the safe operation of weaving machines to produce safety reflective fabrics including:
• Working closely with the Operations Coordinator, determine, and plan production requirements.
• Monitor, coordinate and delegate activities of textile machine operators.
• Prepare and issue instructions for drawing-in and communicate requirements to weaving staff.
• Scan cloth, during weaving, for defects in yarn, design and loom setup.
• Warp yarn on to Beams for weaving and proper thread count as required.
• Prepare weft and warp for weaving.
• Change yarn cone on warping machine to minimize waste.
• Prepare, adjust and operate weaving machines.
• Read and interpret weaving diagrams and configure loom.
• Determine raw material used in fabric production.
• Determine visual differences with raw materials.
• Determine visual raw material shortages and communicate to Purchasing.
• Operate weaving equipment to maximize production volumes.
• Maintain equipment.
• Ensure training and cross training of production employees.
• In conjunction with Planning team, develop new weaves to resolve customer concerns.
• Actively employ continuous improvement methods in operational activities.
• Ensure quality policy and procedures are communicated, understood and practiced.
• Actively participate in safety activities.
Along with Post Secondary education, you have 3+ years’ related working experience, the ability to read and interpret weaving in draw diagrams, knowledge of maintenance techniques and a valid drivers’ license. You are results-driven with good interpersonal organizational and time management skills with knowledge of the competition and marketplace.
Please send your resume, in confidence, to:
Senior Consultant Davies Turpin & Associates
Phone: (780) 218-8406
Davey Textile Solutions specializes in providing safety products emphasizing 3MTM ScotchliteTM Reflective Materials in the consumer and industrial markets. Many industries, including petrochemical, firefighting and construction, utilize this technology for the protection, safety and visibility of their workers.
Davies Turpin & Associates is a full service Talent Management firm, offering professional services in Executive Search, Executive Coaching, and Career Transition/Outplacement. We are a proud partner of Career Partners International.