This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
As Halfmoon Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring Halfmoon’s small and crafty manufacturing and shipping activities run smoothly. From planning and ordering fabrics to helping with shipping of orders, you will lead and inspire a small team of young and dynamic staff to produce and deliver first-quality products, on time and at a competitive cost.
- Manage a team of 10 to 15 manufacturing and warehouse staff. Hire, train, support and inspire staff to work as a team, fulfill their duties and exceed goals.
- Organize workspace, workflow and workload to avoid production bottlenecks, maintain high productivity and keep costs competitive.
- Plan and order raw materials. Ensure proper tracking of consumption throughout production.
- Create and update product costing including raw materials costs, labour costs and overheads. Conduct time studies.
- Plan seasonal production capacity and resources based on order forecast and cost targets.
- Work closely with Product Manager/Buyer and the Sales & Marketing teams to anticipate changes in demand and address last-minute order changes.
- Maintain and report on finished goods inventory and WIP on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with Finance, HR and IT as needed.
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and development that embraces individuality.
- Encourage continuous improvement practices and engage staff in identifying, assessing and implementing ideas to increase efficiency and productivity.
You understand and are experienced in working in a small factory, workshop or production environment. You are detailed and process-oriented and above all, you enjoy managing people. You are cool, composed and effective in a fast-paced environment. You are comfortable juggling priorities, resolving crises and getting the work done even if it means, at times, getting your hands dirty. You also get excited at the idea of developing new ways to increase productivity and saving costs and you get even more excited at the idea of involving your staff in achieving that goal.
You are comfortable operating within a small structure and working collaboratively across different teams and organizational levels. You enjoy sharing about your work and are able to listen for feedback.
- 3-5 years of managerial experience in a factory, workshop or ecommerce warehouse environment preferably in the upholstery, home décor, soft goods, apparel or similar industries.
- Knowledgeable about cutting and sewing activities.
- Experience in ordering fabrics and managing material consumption and inventory.
- Experience in determining product costs: raw materials, labour, overheads.
- Experience in coordinating and/or assisting with picking, packing and shipping.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and methodical.
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team.
- Curious, fun and able to foster a transparent, honest and positive team environment.
- Able to effectively receive and communicate feedback.
- Proficient with Google and/or MS Office tools in particular Excel.
- Knowledge of applicable labor laws and OHS regulations.
- Understanding and/or training in LEAN or modular manufacturing processes an asset.
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP or similar product data or inventory management software an asset.
- Interest or involvement in the activities we make products for.
Salary: Competitive salary + health benefits
If this position inspires you, submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format on the web page below.
Halfmoon is a Vancouver-based yoga products company supporting the benefits of yoga and meditation throughout North America. We are a small powerhouse of thoughtful individuals who work hard and reach high. We craft yoga bolsters, meditation cushions, and other beautiful products right in our workshop/office near the Olympic Village. We are currently seeking a dynamic Production Supervisor to manage our sewing workshop, warehouse and picking/packing/shipping activities.