This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Sourcing
We are currently seeking a dynamic Product Line Manager.
As Halfmoon Product Line Manager, you will be in charge of leading all aspects of the product line lifecycle from concept through to commercialization. You will ensure the product line architecture is aligned with the company’s reason for being, seasonal creative direction and can deliver on Halfmoon’s business objectives. You will work closely and collaboratively with all stakeholders, internally as well as externally, to build a compelling product assortment, identify the appropriate source and buy the right amount at the right time.
- Analyze current sales, margins, retail prices and turns. Review product positioning, sell-through and feedback from customers.
- Research market trends, competitors’ products and suppliers’ capabilities to identify and assess product opportunities.
- Participate in developing the seasonal brand and creative direction.
- Create and maintain product line architecture and develop seasonal product assortment to hit the brand’s general value proposition and seasonal creative direction.
- Create forecast and buy plans to meet or exceed seasonal budget and revenue targets.
- Develop and/or source new products evaluating internal resources versus external ones and considering sustainable, ethical and environmental impact.
- Source, evaluate and approve new suppliers (contract manufacturers, agents and/or brands) ensuring alignment with Halfmoon’s values, guiding principles and business ethics.
- Onboard all new suppliers, reviewing working procedures, negotiating terms and setting clear performance expectations to ensure a smooth relationship.
- Execute or coordinate product maintenance and new product set-up in company’s systems.
- Communicate forecast and buy plans internally and externally.
- Create and issue finished POs internally and externally.
- Review and analyze inventory levels and WIP reports on a weekly basis. Adjust forecast or buy plan appropriately.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Operations team and Operations Manager to ensure timely planning and delivery of Halfmoon’s in-house products.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Sales and Marketing teams to respond timely to changes in demand.
- Travel for evaluating new sources or for visiting existing ones (1-2 times a year).
- B.A. or B.S. in business, retail management or a related field.
Report to: Halfmoon’s Directors
Work closely with: Product Line Manager, Sales & Marketing teams and Finance.
You possess a unique blend of business and technical skills with a passion for yoga as a way of life. You have the ability to see the big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You are curious and adventurous and enjoy staying abreast of your target market and its community to find opportunities for innovation and growth.
You are comfortable operating within a small structure and working collaboratively across different teams and organizational levels. You enjoy sharing about your work and are able to listen for feedback. You are at ease approaching external partners and developing mutually beneficial relationships.
- 3-5 years of product management and/or buying experience including assortment planning.
- Experience in setting-up and managing buyer-supplier relationships.
- Experience in negotiating product costs and setting product pricing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Basic understanding of product manufacturing cycles, timing and requirements.
- Demonstrate integrity, respect for others and ethical behavior.
- Strong interest or involvement in the activities we make products for.
- Proficient with MS Office tools in particular Excel.
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management or Merchandise Management systems an asset.
Near the Olympic Village in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Salary: Competitive salary + health benefits
If this position inspires you, submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format on the web page below.
Halfmoon is a Vancouver-based yoga products company supporting the benefits of yoga and meditation throughout North America. We are a small powerhouse of thoughtful individuals who work hard and reach high. We craft yoga bolsters, meditation cushions, and other beautiful products right in our workshop/office.