This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Design
Candidate responsibilities consist of providing support to Head Designer day to day functions of pattern design, grading, and quality control for constructed tailored men's wear.
The Ideal Candidate
• A degree from an accredited school of pattern design, with training in the proper techniques of pattern-making for men’s suits, jackets and trousers
• Three to five years of work experience in the pattern-making field for a company which offers a high quality men’s clothing product in either the premium or luxury segments of the market
• Ability to make patterns by hand as well as by computer
• A strong understanding of tailoring techniques and garment assembly for men’s tailored clothing, including a knowledge of the methods and equipment used in a large manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of computer-aided techniques for men’s clothing design in general, and specific experience with the Lectra System software used in pattern design. Knowledge of MS Office and Microsoft Outlook also required.
• Experience in men’s clothing design in general, including an understanding of key issues such as fit, balance of the garment, garment expression, stitching details, pocket features and the use of trim and interior components to achieve specific design results
• Strong interest and understanding of men’s fashion trends, especially those relating to men’s tailored clothing
• The ability to work collaboratively with a team, to interpret the needs of company executives, customers and salespersons and translate those needs into commercially successful tailored clothing designs
• Business fluency in English is required
Compensation: Salary to be discussed
Jack Victor Limited is a major North American menswear manufacturing company, based in Montreal, Canada. The firm specializes in men’s tailored suits, sportcoats, trousers and formalwear. Jack Victor men’s clothing is sold at over 500 multi-brand retailers including most better North American specialty and department stores.
The company’s high quality products are available at some of the most prestigious names in North American retailing, and target the premium segment of the men’s clothing market. As well as producing for its own signature labels, the company also makes quality clothing for other important North American and international brands.
Jack Victor men’s tailored clothing is manufactured by its 1000 employees at the company’s state-of-the-art downtown Montreal facilities. Founded in 1913, the company is a third generation, family-owned business.