This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Design
The objective of the Design & Merchandising Manager is to advance the goals & vision of the company. They are to use design & creative strategy to further push the limits of what is achievable in a growing facility. Since we are the manufacturer, the Manager must be able to have a direct relationship with the staff & support the design cycle from initial concepts to a finished product. The manager must be able to multitask while working on both design & merchandising aspects. Communication in between departments is key, especially as we are a small & growing company.
• Create initial garment technical packages (tech packs) including measurement specifications for new garments & grade rules, or work with existing tech packs provided by the customer
• Create fit sketches to aid the client in visualization
• Maintain organized records on product approvals throughout process, including approved artworks and final tech pack versions.
• Responsible for all necessary approvals thru development process, including embroideries, color matching, yarn quality, etc.
• Ensure that all timelines & critical dates are communicated & adhered to within the production development calendar.
• Research trends, colors & fabric for the upcoming seasons.
• Completion of a college degree or art school program in design or related field
• 5+ years of industry experience in technical garment design
• Strong knowledge of knitwear construction, fitting/grading standards
• Excellent skills in illustrator, excel, word, outlook and hand sketching
• 3D modelling skills
• Team Player who is pleasant to work with!
• Willingness to explore & pursue new creative ideas
• Takes initiative in development projects
• Detail-oriented, excellent time-management & communication skills
• Excellent sense of style & trend analysis, keen eye for global trends, colors, fabric & details
• Comfortable in designing all wearable product, including accessories & garments
• Ability to multi task & shift priorities easily
• Ability to travel domestically & internationally in case of sourcing suppliers
• Ability to work overtime in peak periods (winter time especially)
Salary: $50,000 per annum
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Since its inception in 1997, Silver Spider Knitting has been driven by the pursuit of quality—a belief that our environment directly influences the outcome of our product. Whether in the work place, at home or the wide variety of public spaces in between, North Americans have loved us for making their winters better. We are a green room for many a fashion brands and have always been behind their scenes. Nothing builds trust as fast as performance. While most companies look for projects, we forge loyal long lasting relationships with our clients. At Silver Spider, our ultimate purpose is to design, develop and deliver products that connect to real people. We accomplish this by going both further and deeper in the details. We fuse your philosophy with our totally vertical manufacturing model to create products that build emotional bonds between brands and beings. We use our own creativity to nurture yours.