This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Design
The Technical/Assistant Designer works under the direction of the Head Designer. Your role as part of our design team, will be to assist in implementing the release of the line by coordinating the logistics of each collection.
• You will coordinate the logistics of each collection by liaising with all departments within the company
• Create initial line lists and work flow spread sheets
• Initiate and coordinate testing for product development
• Complete production tech packs and technical line drawings
• Implement costing analysis
• Coordinate sampling and pre- production flow through
• Support design through extensive fit and creative sessions
• Work closely with designers, patternmakers, and sample sewers to ensure our clothing corresponds to all specifications
• Diploma in Fashion Design or Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design
• A minimum of three (3) years of technical or assistant design experience
• A solid understanding of garment construction and production processes
• Detailed oriented and self-motivated
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills
• Ability to handle the pressures of a fast paced, deadline oriented work place
• Competency in Illustrator, Photoshop and MS Office
• Sound judgement and a good understanding of trends and the garment industry
If you would like to join our dynamic team, please submit your resume to KBolton@symplithebest.com. The White House Design Co is committed to employment equity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The White House Design Company designs, manufactures and wholesales a collection of women’s clothing under the label Sympli. We are a vertical operation with all aspects of design, marketing, photography, manufacturing, sales and distribution conducted from our Burnaby location. Our principles based work environment and commitment to a work-family balance for our employees, has created a thriving and fun workplace.