This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Nuvango is a lifestyle brand that's fueled by an active, and incredibly talented, artist community.
We work with artists and designers from around the world to showcase their art on products that we make with pride in Toronto's Junction neighborhood. Our roots are in fine art reproduction and fashionable tech accessories, but we've transformed into a highly innovative apparel company. We utilize a production on demand model to print, cut & sew a range of stylish garments featuring the same artwork that graces the walls of some of the world's top galleries and museums.
- Full-time (9-5 ; 40 hr/wk.) position
- Work independently, or as part of a team to sew garments using JUKI Flatlock and other industrial sewing machines.
- Items to be sewn include: Active wear leggings, Performance apparel, T-shirts, dresses, and more
- Assess the quality of garment pieces before and after sewing to ensure garments are up to our quality standards
- Ensure individual productivity quotas are met or exceeded on a daily basis
Here’s what we are looking for…
- 2-3 years (or more) of industrial sewing experience in the apparel manufacturing industry setting up, operating, and performing basic maintenance on industrial flat lock machines.
- Experience on single needle, double needle, overlock (serger) and cover stitch machines
- Experience with cotton & synthetics; Knits (jersey), poly/spandex and woven materials
- Experience joining sections of garments into a finished product
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with sewing machine setup, operation, basic maintenance and controls
- Product quality inspection and evaluation
- Strong proficiency with the English language
An interest and any experience in fashion/apparel design or pattern making is a big plus!
- Hourly wages above industry standard and commensurate with experience
- Eligible for Sun Life benefits (Health, Dental, etc.) after 3 months
- TTC Accessible (40 Junction bus from Dundas West Station)
- Located in the up and coming Junction neighbourhood of Toronto
Please send a current resume outlining your work experience with particular emphasis on apparel manufacturing in a high volume operation and familiarity with industrial apparel sewing machines to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Selected candidates will be required to complete a sewing test on JUKI industrial machines prior to employment
Please no phone calls or walk-ins