This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
The Buying & Design department works at the centre of the gear universe. They scour the world for innovative gear. And they work in-house to design thoughtful, elegant pieces that are bang-on for a running route, uptrack, or training session.
As a Production Coordinator, you ensure the MEC brand products are delivered in a timely manner. You’ll prepare, coordinate, monitor and report on production and oversee the quality and delivery of MEC contract-manufactured products.
You work with an inclusive, hands-on, collaborative group that connects people with quality products to encourage active outdoor lives. You’ll always be learning, and there’s a good chance your co-workers will inspire you to try something new, like riding in a Fondo, bouldering or paddleboarding.
What you do:
- Coordinate and oversee MEC production at MEC contracted factories throughout pre-production, production, and post production.
- Manage and report on factory performance.
- Work closely with Sourcing to support and execute the seasonal sourcing strategy (program placement, capacity allocation, etc.).
- Communicate, report and administrate production activity.
- Review and approve specifications and samples to production status.
- Work closely with QC and QA teams to ensure quality expectations are met.
- Perform in-line production checks and work with factories and all MEC stakeholders to resolve issues.
- Continually develop technical product knowledge and expertise.
What you bring:
- A post-secondary certificate or degree program in garment production and manufacturing.
- Minimum two years’ experience in garment and/or outdoor equipment production.
- Strong knowledge and background in garment and/or outdoor equipment construction.
- Excellent attention to detail – some might call you nitpicky – because you know small things matter.
- You’re are a problem solver and like to follow a process.
- You can handle many tasks at the same time and meet deadlines, while keeping cool.
- Great communication skills – you listen first, then share knowledge. This goes for both speaking and writing.
- You have good judgement, you are tactful and diplomatic.
- A good team player attitude, even when things get a little crazy.
- Super savviness with MS Word and MS Excel.
- You’re stoked on something: you love to build trails, log miles, organize hut trips, lean into corners, climb splitters or do something outside every day.
Bonus points if you…
- Have experience in managing both softgoods and hardgoods
- Have factory floor experience on your resume
How to apply:
Interested candidates are asked to apply on our website only. Please visit http://www.mec.ca/workinghere to set up a profile, apply for this position or browse through current job postings at MEC. Only applications received through our website will be considered. We thank all applicants for their time and interest in MEC, but will only contact those selected for an interview. Deadline to apply is May 1, 2015
A retail co-operative, MEC exists to enable and inspire Canadians to live active outdoor lifestyles, supporting activities such as climbing, hiking, snowsports, watersports, cycling, running and yoga. Well known for selling high-quality products that offer great value, MEC employs outdoor enthusiasts who possess a strong service ethic to provide its members with an authentic and accessible customer experience. MEC has more than 3.75 million members across Canada, whom it serves through 17 stores in 6 provinces and www.mec.ca. An individual lifetime membership in MEC costs only $5.