Job Board > Sales Rep, U.S. Market Specialty Retailers and Boutiques - Confidential
This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Sales
Our Toronto based nursing accessories, supplies, & apparel company is seeking a full-time Sales Specialist, U.S. Market Specialty Retailers and Boutiques. This role will report to the Senior Sales Manager. This position will be based out of the Toronto office, but will require travel to the US.
- Accelerate the penetration of company products at Specialty retailers and boutiques including breastfeeding boutiques, juvenile product and lingerie stores
- Identify and initiate contact with new prospective sales leads by phone, establish rapport and build trust in developing a relationship with the account to secure and grow new business opportunities
- Follow established sales techniques to gather data, connect with key decision maker(s) and/or boutique managers, actively listen to new and existing clients, fully understand their business, uncover their problems, relate our product offerings to meet their needs to close the sale
- Research, identify accounts in geographical locations, and assist in buying plans within the approved format and timeframe to secure expanded placement in existing accounts and establish and build new accounts.
- Manage accounts with a regular replenishment order pattern as follows:
- Prepare monthly summary highlighting account insights / interactions and opportunities
- Manage sales promotions proactively to achieve successful results
- Participate in special events
- Build credibility and relations with customers and secure their trust to ensure regular order replenishment
- Establish a daily call cycle with customers by phone, email, conference calls and face-to-face meetings with key strategic customers
- Regular reporting to Senior Sales Manager with number of calls made and revenue generated on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis
- Communicate, promote the value of our products and manage incoming business inquiries from customers and proactively share new information about new products, promotions and other specials to work with the customers for the right assortment for their needs
- Demonstrates initiative, tenacity, and the ability to persuade accounts over the phone and via email communication to commit to placement of a sales order
- Achieve customer satisfaction through the use of phones, face-to-face and Skype appointments, and written communications to maintain and enhance high standards of customer engagement
- 5 years of direct selling experience and knowledge of the U.S. market, ideally in the consumer packaged goods, apparel, intimate apparel or related products - previous lingerie selling would be considered an asset.
- 5 years of selling experience to Boutiques, Independent and specialty retailers, and/or retail in the United States. Special consideration will be given to candidates with U.S. experience.
- Excellent verbal skills and effective written skills for creating reports, emails, letters.
- Presentation skills - present to potential and existing customers both one-on-one and small groups with confidence, and use effective persuasion skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish positive business relationships with account managers and owners to ensure effective follow up and management of the accounts.
- Sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand and research situations necessary to solve problems practically, determine alternative solutions, and make decisions that will benefit both the customer and the company.
- Effective time management planning skills to manage multi-tasking activities.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills to execute priorities with multiple projects.
- Ability to identify opportunities and research key contacts for prospective accounts, and government hospital bids and contracts.
- Ability to analyze business data, and recommend proposed solutions and opportunities for product assortment.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint; Skype.
- Post-secondary such as college or university.
- Previous cold calling, sales techniques experience (completion of a sales training program is ideal).
- Fluency in another language such as Spanish is an asset though not required.
- This role is based at the Toronto office and travel is required to the U.S. approximately 40 - 50% of the time. This person must have a valid driver’s license and passport.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, please forward you resume to email@example.com quoting reference "US Sales Specialist - Speciality Retailers - Tor 4671" in the subject line. Please note, only qualified applicants will be contacted.