This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Design
- Preparing test samples and setting-up testing equipment as per MEC testing procedures to ensure accuracy of test results in a timely manner.
- Performing materials, components, and product level “fit for purpose” lab testing and analyzing test data results in a consistent and accurate manner.
- Documenting test results in a clear and concise manner. Data can be tracked for reference in future considerations.
- Ensuring the laboratory and equipment remain in good operating order.
- Assisting in identifying and implementing improvements for test lab processes and fixtures.
- Assisting in the research and development of new testing requirements and best practices to meet the evolving needs of the MEC Brand product.
- Engaging as part of the MEC Brand Design and Development Department as a solution provider to help ensure MEC is able to meet our product level functional and quality commitments.
- Lab Technician certificate program or higher
- 1-3 years related experience
- Preference will be given to those with academic/experience in mechanical or chemical engineering, textiles/materials science, and chemical science with an understanding of testing and analytics for managing restricted substances in materials.
- Awareness of local laboratory safe working practices
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written. The ability to present information well, both verbally and in written form with an emphasis on technical writing of standards and SOP’s.
- Strong attention to detail, a high level of accuracy, exceptional time management skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Patient, meticulous and methodical approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Curious, engaged and willing to learn.
This posting is for a 9-month contract, with a possibility of an extension
Salary: annual salary based on experience
How to apply:
Please visit http://www.mec.ca/jobs to set up a profile, apply for this position or browse through other current job postings at MEC. Only applications received through our website will be accepted. We thank all applicants for their time and interest in MEC, but will only contact those selected for an interview. Deadline to apply online is March 14, 2014.
An outdoor retail co-operative, MEC exists to encourage and inspire Canadians to live active outdoor lifestyles. From backcountry trails to city streets, MEC supports a range of outdoor activities, including climbing, hiking, camping, snowsports, watersports, cycling, running and yoga. Well known for selling high-quality well-designed products that offer great value, MEC employs outdoor enthusiasts who possess a strong service ethic to provide its members with an authentic and accessible customer experience. MEC has more than 3.5 million members across Canada, whom it serves through 17 stores in 6 provinces as well as mec.ca and the Shop MEC iPhone® app. Anyone can join MEC by purchasing a $5 individual lifetime membership in the Co-op.