This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinating and overseeing MEC production at MEC contracted factories throughout pre-production, production, and post production.
-Managing and reporting on factory performance
- Working closely with Sourcing to support and execute seasonal sourcing strategy (program placement, capacity allocation, etc.)
- Communicating, reporting and administrating production activity.
- Reviewing and approving specifications and samples to production status.
- Working closely with QC and QA teams to ensure quality expectations are met.
- Performing in-line production checks and working with factories and all MEC stakeholders to resolve issues.
- Continually developing technical product knowledge and expertise.
- Participating in investigating/reviewing potential new business sources and performing annual vendor reviews.
What you need to do it well:
- High school diploma plus post-secondary certificate or degree program.
- Minimum two years’ experience in garment and/or outdoor equipment production
- Strong knowledge/background in garment and/or outdoor equipment construction
- Well-rounded quality and service orientation.
- Detail-oriented, effective at problem solving, process and system-oriented
- Well-developed organization, coordination and time management skills.
- Excellent judgment, tact, diplomacy.
- Able to work effectively both independently and in a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge in Windows environment (Word, Excel), experience with product data and production management systems considered an asset
- An appreciation for being active and getting outside
Interested candidates are asked to apply on our website only. Please visit http://www.mec.ca/jobs to set up a profile, apply for this position or browse through current job postings at MEC. Only applications received through our website will be considered. We thank all applicants for their time and interest in MEC, but will only contact those selected for an interview. Deadline to apply is February 11, 2014
Salary: annual salary based on experience
Please visit http://www.mec.ca/jobs to set up a profile, apply for this position or browse through current job postings at MEC.
An outdoor retail co-operative, MEC exists to encourage and inspire Canadians to live active outdoor lifestyles. From backcountry trails to city streets, MEC supports a range of outdoor activities, including climbing, hiking, camping, snowsports, watersports, cycling, running and yoga. Well known for selling high-quality well-designed products that offer great value, MEC employs outdoor enthusiasts who possess a strong service ethic to provide its members with an authentic and accessible customer experience. MEC has more than 3.5 million members across Canada, whom it serves through 17 stores in 6 provinces as well as mec.ca and the Shop MEC iPhone® app. Anyone can join MEC by purchasing a $5 individual lifetime membership in the Co-op.