Job Board > Associate Men's Wear Designer - Danier Leather Inc.
This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Design
1. Assists in designing and sketching garment ideas and transforms sketches into technical drawings. Assists in developing seasonal themes and concept boards based on current Men’s Wear fashion trends.
2. Assigns Sample and Style number to selected styles.
3. Creates style development forms, including inputting technical sketch and all trim and style information.
4. Prepares specification sheets for patternmaker.
5. Assists in all fitting sessions for Men’s wear commodities, communicates revisions, corrects technical drawings, and updates changes in all necessary files and books.
6. Assists designer in sourcing and selecting trims and linings and maintaining development chart.
7. Creates “Collection layout” on the network, and updates as required.
8. Assists designer in resolving garment engineering, production quality, fit and related design issues with all departments.
9. Liaises with Production, Merchandising and Import departments as required
10. Keeps Design area neat and organized.
11. Performs other tasks as assigned by management, and complies with Danier Leather Inc. policies and procedures.
• Equivalent of a fashion college diploma with previous experience working in fashion design with a focus on contemporary Men’s Wear (including outwear)
• Previous experience working with leather and suede is an asset
• Profession fashion illustration and technical drawing skills are essential
• Proficient computer skills including Illustrator or similar design-related software
• Excellent oral and written English communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated creativity and imagination in identifying and interpreting fashion trends for the contemporary North American market
• Strong fashion aptitude with a sense of colour and style with an eye for detail
• Ability to work co-operatively in a fast paced, team environment
• Good organizational skills with ability to identify and follow through on priorities
• Strong work ethic with cheerful, professional demeanor
• Availability to work extended hours and occasional weekends as required.
Please forward your resume to: Human Resources, Danier Leather Inc., Fax (416) 762-7408; E-mail email@example.com.
Danier Leather is Canada’s premier retailer of fashion leather and suede garments and accessories with 90 locations nationwide. As a Canadian company built by passionate people with a love for our business, we are committed to your personal growth and career development as an investment in our future together.