This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Sales
Remco is actively looking for a highly energetic Sales Professional with a dedicated hunter mentality and an entrepreneurial spirit!
Our business focus is in providing a full range of transportation and distribution in the Canadian domestic market as well as cross border TL and LTL transport services. We are family owned and operated for over 40 years with a solid reputation for fast, reliable and flexible service, providing creative “out-of-the-box” solutions that produce results.
As the Cross Border Business Development Manager you will be responsible for enhancing our current cross border services, developing new services and expanding the customer base, prospecting new accounts and growing revenues by focusing on customers looking for Cross border TL and LTL transport services in the Montreal to Champlain, New York corridor.
This individual will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company. Integrity, passion, and in-person presentational skills are essential for this role.
• Ability to start the business with competitive market intelligence on service offerings and competitive rates. Strong understanding of the market.
• Deep knowledge of the cross border business – paperwork flow, customs clearance procedures and market knowledge.
• 7 + years of strong, successful track record in sales capacity specializing in US – Canada Cross Border Business.
• Ability to develop a northbound strategy for backhaul opportunities from Champlain, New York to Montreal.
• CT-PAT knowledge and ability to grow that market in conjunction with the above.
• Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
• Ability to maintain accurate and timely call records, utilize CRM tools to provide visibility to sales efforts and maintain a robust pipeline.
• Professional demeanour, selling style, and appearance with a “Hunter” mentality.
• Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
• Should have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and attitude.
• Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Power Point and savvy with online research market research.
• Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
• Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent listening skills.
• Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
• High level of integrity and work ethic.
If you are an aggressive business deal maker looking for a great company in a competitive industry, then this is the role for you!
We offer a competitive compensation package, including a base salary and an incentive commission program, a comprehensive benefits plan and other paid business expenses.
For over 40 years, family owned Remco has built a solid reputation across Canada as the leader in fashion warehousing and distribution. Our vast experience in the apparel business has allowed us to successfully apply our transportation knowledge to other consumer products as well. Manufacturers and distributors of electronics, computers and peripherals, accessories, office supplies and other consumer goods now choose Remco as their transportation provider of choice.
With warehousing in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, our distribution network reaches Canada’s retail stores and outlets on a scheduled basis. Our network is our greatest advantage for both fashion and a wide range of consumer products.
What distinguishes our company most is the can-do attitude and flexibility of our people. Each member of our team takes personal pride in helping your business gain momentum towards greater success. When you handle as many SKUs and specialized products as we do, it’s easy to see how Remco Does!