This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Design
What you'll be doing:
• Preparing test samples and setting-up testing equipment as per MEC testing procedures to ensure accuracy of test results in a timely manner.
• Performing materials, components, and product level “fit for purpose” lab testing and analyzing test data results in a consistent and accurate manner.
• Documenting test results in a clear and concise manner. Data can be tracked for reference in future considerations.
• Ensuring the laboratory and equipment remain in good operating order.
• Assisting in identifying and implementing improvements for test lab processes and fixtures.
• Assisting in the research and development of new testing requirements and best practices to meet the evolving needs of the MEC Brand product.
• Engaging as part of the MEC Brand Design and Development Department as a solution provider to help ensure MEC is able to meet our product level functional and quality commitments.
What you need to do it well:
• Lab Technician certificate program or higher
• 1-3 years related experience
• Preference will be given to those with academic/experience in mechanical engineering, textiles/materials science, and chemical science
• Awareness of local laboratory safe working practices
• Experience with continuous quality improvement systems such as Six Sigma.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written. The ability to present information well, both verbally and in written form.
• Strong attention to detail, a high level of accuracy, exceptional time management skills.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Patient, meticulous and methodical approach.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Curious, engaged and willing to learn.
Salary: annual salary, based on experience
PLEASE NOTE: Interested candidates are asked to apply on our website only. Please visit www.mec.ca/jobs to set up a profile, apply for this position or browse through current job postings at MEC. Only applications received through our website will be considered. We thank all applicants for their time and interest in MEC, but will only contact those selected for an interview. Deadline to apply is December 15, 2012.
Mountain Equipment Co-op (mec.ca) is Canada’s leading retailer of clothing, gear, and services for active lifestyles, including cycling, running, hiking, camping, climbing, canoeing and kayaking, yoga and fitness. Established in 1971, MEC has close to 3.8 million members throughout Canada whom it serves through 16 stores in six provinces as well as online at mec.ca. Widely recognized for its commitment to sustainability, MEC is a member of 1% For The Planet and supports various outdoor recreation and environmental initiatives through its community grants program.