Job Description / Duties
• Manages current client accounts and brings on new clients:
o Leads client onboarding process.
o Accesses information and maintains computerized and manual records relating to the movement of orders, receipts, and other related processes such as returns and CODs, etc.
o Communicates to Operations on customer priorities by monitoring and reporting on order and receipt activity to ensure accuracy and timing.
o Provides feedback on systems’ needs and proactively recommends process changes.
o Ensures positive customer experience.
• Manages customer relations:
o Effectively handles all client interactions, including higher level troubleshooting issues. Evaluates inquiries, provides appropriate assistance, accurately processes orders, and follows through to ensure customer needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
o Follows up with customer and service providers to ensure appropriate actions are taken and that any issues are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
o Works cooperatively with peers and other departments, keeping appropriate individuals informed to ensure positive customer relations are maintained.
• Manages inventory control:
o Coordinates physical goods counts to meet audit or inventory control requirements.
o Completes necessary data entry (i.e. keying orders).
o Ensures that orders / picks are prepared and out on the floor in a timely manner.
o Coordinates quality control for manufacturers’ defects, and manages tagging process.
• Coordinates freight and provides billing support:
o Coordinates inbound freight by collecting information to plan for shipments to our facilities.
o Coordinates outbound freight, including booking shipments and delivery appointments.
o Approves Sundry Log and aids in resolving discrepancies and billing issues.
• Work may involve responsibility for providing training and work guidance to others within the work unit, while continuing to perform the normal day to day activities of the position.
• This position is required to give professional advice, provide information, or direction to other employees of the organization. There is an element of persuade, influence and some negotiation in this level, but it is not a regular activity.
• This position is required to give professional advice or direction to external contacts such as clients and vendors. There is an element of persuade, influence and some negotiation in this level, but it is not a regular activity.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Qualifications and experience required are as follows:
• Grade 12
• 1 – 3 years of previous Customer Service experience
• 1- 3 years of industry experience (warehousing, distribution, and logistics)
Required Skills, Abilities and Expectations:
• Excellent MS Excel, Word and Outlook skills
• Ensures consistent implementation and adherence to the high standards of culture and ethical values of the company.
• Problems or situations are different and require interpretation. Use judgment to identify the most appropriate solution from several options using prior knowledge and experience.
• Responsibilities and objectives are assigned with considerable freedom for decision making using technical or experiential knowledge and company standards. Work may be periodically reviewed according to achievement of predefined goals.
• Decisions have a significant effect extending to other shifts or departments. Decisions would result in significant gain or loss to internal operations, other employees, client services, achievement of objectives or public image.
Compensation is commensurate with education, experience, skills and abilities. To apply, please provide a cover letter and resume via e-mail to the attention of Carly Gordon, HR Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm on Monday, November 19, 2012. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants; however, only individuals who are selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information visit our website at www.nri-distribution.com.
Email a resume and cover letter to the attention of Carly Gordon at email@example.com
NRI is one of Canada’s leading distribution service providers, headquartered in Kamloops, BC but also with facilities in Surrey, BC. The majority of our clients are American and European manufacturers of premium apparel and equipment in the active lifestyle market. We provide the manpower and facilities for them to distribute their product across Canada. Our business continues to enjoy growth and requires people who want to contribute to its success. For more information please visit our website at www.nri-distribution.com