This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Sales
This business-to-business position is responsible for selling market information and custom research to fashion apparel and footwear manufacturers. Products and services include syndicated POS (point-of-sale), consumer data, proprietary custom research, and industry expert presentations.
• Achieve monthly new business development goals
• Develop and execute a sales plan for new and existing markets, with identified milestones and sales objectives
• Network and develop strong relationships at multiple levels within fashion apparel and footwear manufacturers, with a focus at the C+ and decision making levels
• Prospect potential new customers through attendance at trade shows, events, and through industry news and publications
• Utilize consultative selling approach to identify a prospect’s business issues or strategic initiatives and recommend relevant program options
• Prepare customized sales presentations; apply knowledge of POS and consumer information to demonstrate measurable business results
• Partner with marketing team to develop messages and execute campaigns that will attract new clients to The NPD Group Canada
• Develop relationships with cross-border colleagues
• 8-10+ years sales experience, with an established track record in consultative solution-sales and achieving monthly sales goals.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the fashion apparel industry is highly desirable
• Consumer insights and/or market research experience a plus
• Experience in/understanding of retail marketing and/or merchandising a plus
• Strong prospecting skills
• Demonstrated expertise in strategic account planning, cold calling and lead development
• Proven track record of working on complex opportunities or large contracts and achieving monthly goals
• Analytic skills to interpret statistical information and develop case studies
• Excellent negotiation skills, including the art of persuasion and creativity
• Strong problem solving, presentation, and communication skills
• Expert in all MS Office products and contact management software, including Salesforce
• Travel ~30%
• BA/BS degree
The NPD Group, founded in 1966, is the leading global provider of consumer and retail market research information for a wide range of industries. We provide critical consumer behavior and point-of-sale (POS) information and industry expertise across more industries than any other market research company.