This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Design
Role: Senior Manager, Creative Management (NOC 5243)
Salary: $130,000 - $170,000 /annum and Benefits (Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance) + may be eligible for bonuses and salary increases, if applicable
Hours: 45 hours/week, Full-Time, Permanent
Location of work: Aritzia Support Office (#118-611 Alexander St. Vancouver, BC, V6A 1E1)
Number of positions: 1
The Senior Manager, Creative Management will act as a leader in the Creative Management Department, leading and motivating the teams responsible for designing and curating our beautiful collections. The role will play a pivotal role in managing design teams as they set the creative vision for Aritzia’s product, ensuring their performance, aspirations, and experiences are managed effectively.
Manage our people, maximizing their results through the 10 areas of people management
• Plan – Ensure creative teams have the right people in the right positions at the right time and in the right quantities
• Hire – Source, assess, select, and facilitate hiring to build the people infrastructure necessary to sustain and grow our business in all career paths
• Onboard - Successfully integrate new talent to our creative teams
• Evaluate - Assess our people against evaluation criteria and KPIs
• Develop - Secure experience, exposure, and education opportunities for our people and develop a sustainable talent pipeline
• Engage - Build a rapport with our people and contribute to a positive and inspirational work environment
• Compensate - Support with ensuring that employees are compensated appropriately for their performance
• Transition - In partnership with the Talent Manager, retain high performing employees and amicably exit low performing employees
• Relate - Execute adherence to our people compliance practices
Manage the day-to-day department priorities by ensuring quality output, timely results, a methodical approach, and clear accountability across the team
• What – Develop each team’s annual, quarterly or daily initiative priorities in partnership with the area’s leadership
• When – Define what is occurring and when for each team and identify key dates
• How – Define the steps or activities each team should execute in order to meet their objectives
• Who – Determine individual responsibilities based on each team member’s strengths and capabilities
Ensure current systems are used appropriately, and identify opportunities for technology innovations to advance the business
Hold the team accountable to maximize the department's financial performance, driving revenue generating activities and minimize controllable expenses
Leverage reporting to identify opportunities and improve the expected results of the department
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added or modified as required throughout the course of employment.
The Senior Manager, Creative Management will possess the following qualifications:
• Completion of a diploma or university degree in Fashion, Textile and/or Pattern Design
• 3 – 5 years of experience working for a fashion apparel retailer
• Proven experience in design and product development with applied understanding of graphic process and fashion cycles
• Proficient working knowledge in Apparel Management Software, Adobe Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
• Understands and stays current on trends and cultural influences
• Excellent communication & presentation skills – written and verbal
• Proven ability to work effectively with cross functional/departmental partners and teams
• Excellent time management skills, planning and organizational skills, problem solving skills
Apply Now: If you are interested in an exciting career in the fashion apparel industry, please forward your cover letter, resume and portfolio, if applicable (PDF or website link) to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE THE JOB TITLE AND WEBSITE IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. If you are not contacted for this position, please accept our sincere thanks and appreciation for your interest in Aritzia!
Aritzia believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.
Working at Aritzia: Aritzia’s Support Office is located on the edge of downtown Vancouver (611 Alexander St. Vancouver, BC, V6A 1E1), a city consistently recognized as one of the world’s best cities to live. Much like our boutiques, our workspace is modern and unique, and reflects our love of contemporary design. Our team consists of creative and dynamic industry professionals who love to design and promote Aritzia’s in-house brands, scope out the latest global trends, and continue learning and sharing their passion for fashion with our valued clientele – all in an environment that fosters long-term career planning and personal growth. Check us out at www.aritzia.com