This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
Reporting to the Product Manager, the Technical Designer will support in the technical execution of new products during development to ensure the design vision is executed efficiently, delivered on time and cost and quality parameters are maintained.
In addition to loving the product, the successful candidate will be detail oriented, extremely organized and be outstanding at multi-tasking and working in a dynamic environment. They will assist the team during each phase of the development process including analyzing trends, quality control, technical packs, product testing and sampling etc.
PRODUCT RESEARCH & DESIGN
• Conducts research through online, in-store visits and customer/rep feedback on a continual basis to stay up to date on industry, innovation and competitor landscape in order to help the team find new opportunities
• Owns design development of assigned styles
• Accountable for leading all aspects of the technical design process including pattern making, technical illustrations, tech packs, grading and construction details for assigned styles.
• Ensure key deadlines are met throughout the product development process so products are delivered on time while meeting RC quality standards.
• Responsible for fitting assigned styles and analyzing product prototypes to provide feedback to factory. Ensure brand integrity, size and fit are consistent throughout all products in the range.
• Contributes to establishing field testing criteria, analysing feedback, monitoring results, and recommending product adjustments.
• Ensures the product specs and quality standards are clearly defined and communicated for our manufacturing partners to produce to the standards we need.
• Analyze and troubleshoot product issues in a timely fashion.
• Identify possible quality issues during the product development process for assigned styles and set up QC forms/testing requirements.
• Report as necessary on changes in standards (internally and externally initiated) and on performance against standards
• Monitor QC performance according to agreed standards and take necessary action to communicate short comings to manager.
ADMINISTRATION AND SUPPORT TASKS
• Promotes the organization and its products, maximizes sales, and resolves customer-related issues to the satisfaction and benefit of both the customer and the organization.
• Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing team to incorporate their needs while ensuring brand standards are maintained and sales targets are achievable.
• Education and/ or Training in Fashion Design, Product Development, Industrial design or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experienced in working with garment specification packages and pattern drafting
• Competent with design terminology and sewing processes
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Office program
• Proven strong knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator & Photoshop
• Knowledge of SolidWorks or other 3D rendering software and asset.
• Speaking and communicating in Cantonese or Mandarin an asset
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILLS
• MUST LOVE DOGS/CATS and be comfortable fitting, testing, and trying products on them
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects while still maintaining accuracy and an attention to detail
• Well-developed critical thinking, conceptual, problem solving and decision-making abilities
• Ability to work as a member of a team and be flexible in undertaking a variety of duties that will contribute to the success of the organization
• Strong organizational and planning skills, excellent at setting priorities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Thrives in result driven environment
• Flexibility to adjust hours during peak period to meet timelines
This is a maternity leave replacement position, BUT there is a strong likelihood that a successful candidate will continue on as a full time permanent employee once the maternity leave concludes.
This position would be a hybrid position of working remotely and also having the ability to come into the office from time to time. It is suitable for someone who lives in the Vancouver Area.
Pleas send your resume and coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We love pets! They rely on us to care for them, guide them and keep them from harm and in return they give us unconditional love. Our products are designed to strengthen the bond between families and their pets, while looking good for performing superbly under all conditions.
At RC Pet Products, our goal is to enhance and foster sustainable business practices throughout our organization. Our commitment to making quality gear for pets goes hand in hand with our commitment to ethical sourcing, environmental sustainability, and community involvement.
By going beyond the basics of ethical business practices we embrace our responsibility to people and our planet.
Located in South Vancouver, RC Pet Products is a fast-paced manufacturer and distributor of pet equipment. Our office, warehouse and production facility offers a dynamic, creative and fun working environment for active people that love animals.
For more information, please visit us at www.rcpets.com