This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Design
COORDINATOR FOR THE POST BACCALAUREATE DIPLOMA IN TECHNICAL APPAREL DESIGN PROGRAM - Competition Number 18-41
Commencing August 15, 2018 the Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Technical Apparel Design program at Kwantlen Polytechnic University is seeking a Program Coordinator (25% time release) on the Richmond campus. KPU’s Technical Apparel Design program offers a diverse range of courses within a 16 month, 3 semester period that culminates with a Capstone Project and that is intended to prepare graduates for employment and accelerated advancement within the Technical Apparel industry – including outdoor apparel, sports performance apparel, survival and industrial safety apparel. Our students learn within a small cohort setting that involves close interaction with instructors and direct exposure to local industry. Please see the following link for more information on the Technical Apparel Program:
The position of Program Coordinator is a three-year term, with the possibility of renewal. Dependent on candidate qualifications for instruction, the successful candidate may be offered combined workload (coordination and teaching). Coordination includes, but is not limited to timetabling of courses, education and curriculum planning and monitoring, working with the Dean on budget management and scheduling, acting as a spokesperson for the department, liaising with other departments and with external bodies such as professional associations and industry, and fostering student success. See the following link for position guidelines:
The successful applicant will have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Apparel Design, Product Design, Industrial Design or related disciplines or Academic credentials and industry experience appropriate to areas of responsibility. Post-secondary teaching experience preferred. Minimum of 8 – 10 years diverse experience related to Technical Apparel Design, evidence of experience or expertise appropriate to specific course content, and demonstrate a clear understanding of Technical Apparel or related fields.
• Student focused: Demonstrates appreciation for students and the role of a learner centered institution
• Collaborative: provides evidence of strong interpersonal communication and embracing a collaborative style of working. Team player committed to fostering consensus building towards the success of the program
• Leader: Strong academic leadership qualities and experience
• Organizational skills: diplomatic, consultative, and democratic. Organized, pays attention to details and a multi-tasker; able to manage and prioritize multiple demands and various levels of accountability. Understands institutional policies and procedures
• Strong communicator: effective written and oral communication skills
• Interpersonal skills: dedicated and reliable; positive and eager; flexible, open minded, adaptable, and resilient. Confident, self-directed, pro-active, action oriented, ‘can-do’ personality. Embraces diversity. Has a sense of humour. Dedicated to creating and maintaining a motivational climate and work closely with other faculty
• Innovative: a broad, innovative, creative, and big picture thinker
• Connected: industry experience and network related to technical apparel
Candidates will be required to demonstrate understanding of the program’s integrated curriculum model as well as their interest and abilities to consult with and represent the program.
Please forward your cover letter and resume quoting competition number 18-41 by June 12, 2018 to: email@example.com.