This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
• Controlling & setting up Stoll Machines
• Trouble shooting & fixing any issues with the mechanical needs of the machine, & make process alternations to correct whatever is needed
• Perform all maintenance & make adjustments to the machines to keep them operating smoothly at all times.
• Train staff to advance knowledge & build a team synergy.
• Work closely with designer to make sophisticated knit stitches, garments & accessories while also making all fabrics with good productivity.
• Maintain a daily log of activity
• Work with production to build & plan production schedules
• Work closely encouraging open communication with all departments to effectively create better fabric.
• Work with yarn provided & make the necessary mechanical corrections to produce whatever is required
• Develop planned maintenance schedules working with your team.
• Assist knit designers with M1 production & training.
• Perform other duties as required.
• 3 years at least of operating flat knitting machines & willing to learn more
• Understanding of M1+ software
• Good understanding of knit techniques & required maintenance of Stoll Flat Knitting & Circular Knitting machines.
• Excellent communication skills & ability to work with others.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel & E-mail
• Physical ability to lift heavy machinery parts
• Creative problem solver
• Knowledge of garment construction an asset
• Willingness to learn other jobs & work with a team in a cross functional environment
We are also willing to professionally train if you are willing to learn!
Salary: Range from $20.00 to $30.00 per hour, depends on experience
Please send all resumes by email, all considered candidates will be contacted. Thanks in advance for your interest!
If you think you have what it takes, please send your resume over to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a Canadian knitting company that loves knits in hats, scarves, sweaters and mitts.
Since its inception in 1997, Silver Spider Knitting has been driven by the pursuit of quality—a belief that our environment directly influences the outcome of our product. Whether in the work place, at home or the wide variety of public spaces in between, North Americans have loved us for making their winters better. We are a green room for many a fashion brands and have always been behind their scenes. Nothing builds trust as fast as performance. While most companies look for projects, we forge loyal long lasting relationships with our clients. At SSK, our ultimate purpose is to design, develop and deliver products that connect to real people. We accomplish this by going both further and deeper in the details. We fuse your philosophy with our totally vertical manufacturing model to create products that build emotional bonds between brands and beings. We use our own creativity to nurture yours.
We are looking for an experienced Stoll Flat Knitting Machine Operator and Programmer. Must have M1+ program knowledge, and experience knitting accessories and garments. Remuneration is based on experience and the wage range is from $20 to $30 per hour. We are an equal opportunity employer and are willing to consider out of country candidates.