Job Board > Administrative Assistant/Social Media Manager - Laura Siegel Collection
This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Design
About the position
Administrative assistant / social media manager is responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies for our social media sites. This includes, but isn’t restricted to blogging, creating and maintaining social media profiles, managing regular posts and responding to followers. Administrative assistant / social media managers must be at the leading edge of industry trends, so they can create a marketing strategy that generates inbound leads, gains followers, and creates a positive image for the company. They are also responsible for regularly evaluating the success of their marketing efforts and tweaking their marketing strategy as needed.
Under the supervision of the Operational VP, the Administrative/Social Media Manager will play an active role in developing the LS online community. He/she will also assist in organizing and maintaining the LSC archive of images, videos, and other digital media. The candidate should have strong graphic design skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to engage in a variety of responsibilities while working with a close-knit team at a growing start-up company.
● Assist with art direction and design for all social media platforms (mainly Instagram, some Facebook and Pinterest)
● Ensure there is more than sufficient content available for all platforms
● Strategize effective methods to obtain/develop social media content, execute strategy
● Content Sourcing & Research:
o Procure high quality content relevant to the lifestyle of our brand and followers (images, videos, stories, articles, etc.)
o Select appropriate photos from LSC photo shoots, activities, events, and travel
o Obtain high resolution images from outside sources, including stockists, customers, bloggers, collaborators, and artisan groups
● Edit photos: colour/exposure correction, cropping, file optimization
● Manage, organize, and maintain all images and videos in shared Google Drive
● Update social media accounts with current and relevant content
● Interact with followers (likes and commenting) on a regular basis
● Work closely with the Marketing Strategy Intern to analyze and respond to follower activity
● Complete other related digital media projects as assigned
● Additional projects may include: product launches, look books and linesheets, editorial layouts, installations, and other digital and print collateral
● Photographing for product shoots
● General administrative duties including but not limited to data entry, minor bookkeeping, mailing, packaging and distribution, etc.
● Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with interest in social media, graphic design and photography
● Two years’ experience
● Must demonstrate an affinity and understanding of the Laura Siegel brand aesthetic and values
● Can curate a sophisticated collection of images/content with a consistent, unified aesthetic
● Technical design knowledge, including:
o Software: Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and InDesign
o Social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest
o Composition, colour theory, typography, branding
● Has own laptop and Adobe Creative Suite subscription
● Research skills: finding images, original sources, credits, connections, etc.
● Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
● Detail oriented with strong aesthetic awareness
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Available to work fulltime (Weston Road and Sheppard area)
Please send all cover letters, resumes and portfolio website link or PDF of your work to email@example.com
Laura Siegel Collection is a women’s fashion brand pioneering a new luxury through thoughtful, effortless clothing and accessories for the modern nomad. Siegel’s focus is on sustaining culture through craft by collaborating with artisans from all over the world that practice ancient crafts.
Laura Siegel is an award-winning fashion designer whose designs are sold in Australia, Canada, Europe and the United States. She was featured in Traceable, a documentary addressing the need for change towards sustainable fashion. Laura founded Project 1127, an initiative to raise awareness and funds for ethical garment manufacturing practices. In 2016 she received the Fashion Impact Award from Sophie Gregoire Trudeau. Her work has been featured in multiple publications including Vogue, WWD, and Coveteur.