This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Finance
The Canadian Apparel Federation (CAF) will deliver a wage subsidy program to support new entrants to the industry’s skilled workforce in Ontario. In order to operate this program the CAF is recruiting a dynamic, detail-oriented program coordinator.
The successful candidate will have excellent communications skills combined with strong reporting and document management skills.
The Program Coordinator reports to the CAF Executive Director and works closely with the Office Manager.
Position: Full-time Sept. 2017 – Sept. 2018, part time Oct. 2018 – March 2019
Location of work: Ottawa, ON (travel to other parts of the province will be required)
Key responsibilities of the Project Coordinator will include the following:
● Plan, organize and manage a wage subsidy program (Career Focus) for the CAF.
● Recruit, evaluate and select prospective employers and participants/interns.
● Prepare and manage contracts between CAF, employers and participants.
● Monitor on a regular basis progress of interns.
● Conduct on-site (and Skype) meetings with employers and interns to review progress.
● Clearly communicate financial reporting obligations to employers.
● Proactively work with employers to ensure financial reporting is up to date.
● Compile information and report on each placement.
● Prepare quarterly and final reports.
● Completion of a university or college program in human resources management, business, fashion or another relevant field
● 3-5 years work experience
● Good understanding of and experience with SME’s – preferably in a manufacturing setting
● Experience with human resources, payroll processing, and training is preferred
● Proven ability to work effectively in teams
● Proven communication skills – both verbal and written
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines
● Ability and experience using MS Office, Google docs/sheets
● Ability and willingness to travel in Ontario (driver’s license required).
If you are interested in this position, please apply, as follows:
1 - apply through the listing on Indeed.com (strongly preferred):
2 - Forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.