June 17, 2021, 3:00 - 4:00 PM
Join the Canadian Apparel Federation and the United States Fashion Industry Association as we host an in-depth look at textile flammability regulations and why they are important for brands and retailers, especially those that operate in both markets.
- Background of Canadian and US textile flammability regulations
- Various elements and differences in the US versus Canadian test methods will be explained
- How to interpret test results
- Enforcement and recall cases
- Recommendations for a testing plan to avoid non-compliance and recalls
Who should attend:
- Product Integrity, Product Testing & Compliance teams
- QC & Product Testing teams
- Product Development & Merchandising teams
- Sourcing teams
- Supply Chain teams
About the Presenter: Louann Spirito
Louann Spirito is the US & Canada Softlines Business Head at SGS North America Inc, Consumer and Retail where she leads business development and account management for global clients, as well as the technical team and textile laboratory in Fairfield, NJ. Louann has over 25 years experience in the Textile and Apparel industries.
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. They are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity.