International Trade - General Information
The Canadian Apparel Federation (CAF) provides important resources to its members in the area of export and imports. The Canadian apparel industry has been a leader in developing exports since Canada signed the Free Trade Agreement with the United States in 1989. In more recent years the Canadian industry has balanced its domestic exports with production in other countries to be maintain their position as preferred suppliers in the US and other foreign markets.
Check out the following sections:
- Exporting - information and links to resources on exports provided by CAF and partner organizations such as Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Wear Canada Export Marketing Activities - Outlines current and upcoming export marketing initiatives including the Canadian lingerie and activewear sectors
- Importing - information and resources on key import procedures
- Trade Agreements - information on the major trade agreements - featuring textile and apparel provisions
- Textile Tariffs - Check out progress on CAF efforts to reduce duties on imported raw materials.
Some of the pages are available only to Canadian Apparel Federation Members.