This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Sourcing
The Director, Customs Planning is responsible for providing a high level of value added service, supporting the commercial activity of all enterprise production and sourcing groups by developing and implementing strategic import plans and initiatives to minimize overall costs (duty, fees and other transaction costs) related to importing activities, while ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to importing goods into the United States. Reports to the Associate Vice President, Customs Compliance, USA.
• Ten or more years of experience in import management, including experience with apparel imports.
• Five or more years of experience effectively managing teams, required.
• Customs broker's license (or demonstrated equivalent knowledge level) preferred.
• Experience working in collaborative cross-functional teams in an import environment a plus.
• Proven ability in supporting development and maintenance of information systems to manage trade activity, including classification applications.
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
• Combination of consulting and industry experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree required.
Must possess the ability to:
• Oversee a group of customs professionals delivering customs-related services to business units. Services include tariff classification of merchandise and miscellaneous goods, providing advice on structuring transactions to ensure correct valuation of goods, ensuring that appropriate rules of origin are applied for the circumstances, and considering appropriate use of duty preference programs to minimize duty costs.
• Interact and coordinate with the business units' production & sourcing leaders and financial departments to understand sourcing initiatives, ensure teams alignment around those initiatives, and develop and articulate strategic customs solutions.
• Provide feedback and recommendations to the Global Compliance leadership regarding information needs and key performance indicators to monitor effectiveness of pre-entry planning activity.
• Oversee information maintained in customs compliance solution systems is accurate and manageable.
Brands that Inspire, Empower and Indulge.
More than stores, more than products, L Brands is a family of brands. Our brands are world-renowned; they are household names — Victoria’s Secret, Victoria’s Secret PINK, Bath and Body Works, La Senza and Henri Bendel. Although we are primarily known for the lingerie, personal care and beauty products, apparel and accessories we sell, our power as brands extends much further.
Together and individually, these brands have come to represent an aspirational lifestyle — a way of life. Our brands help customers feel sexy, bold and powerful. They entice customers to pamper and indulge themselves, and to add a dash of fantasy and fun to their everyday lives. Our family of the world’s best fashion retail brands invites customers into a whole new world of beauty and style.